Sunday, February 9, 2020

Product Review: Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi

 Introducing... kale gnocchi!

If you’re a fan of Trader Joe’s, you may have already tried their cauliflower gnocchi or other gnocchi varieties. When I saw kale gnocchi on a Trader Joe’s social media page, I actually thought it was a joke at first. But, it’s real!

Image result for trader joe's kale gnocchi

The calorie count is similar to the cauliflower gnocchi, but a little higher.  The ingredients are simple: kale, potato starch, chickpea flour, sea salt, EVOO.

Preparation

For the cauliflower gnocchi, I have prepared it both in the air fryer and in a saute pan.  I decided to cook the kale gnocchi in the air fryer so it would get nice and crispy with minimal effort from my end.

I put the kale gnocchi in for about 8 minutes until it appeared to be cooked and crispy.  Here is the gnocchi straight out of the air fryer, no sauce:



I then tossed the kale gnocchi with pesto (Costco brand - delicious!) until it was fully coated:



I gotta say... I was VERY disappointed.  The gnocchi was dry and tasteless.  It was nowhere near the same level as the cauliflower gnocchi.  I usually toss the cauliflower gnocchi in the pesto sauce too, so I'm not going to blame the preparation.  I think maybe it would have been a little better if I had let it get even crispier in the air fryer, but I think that's a stretch.

The verdict?  D+.  I really did not enjoy this dinner.  You know when you feel like you wasted a dinner?  Yeah, that's the kale gnocchi.  It's a no from me!

Image result for its a no from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Croatia - July 2021

 Eric and I enjoyed a week-long trip to Croatia in July of 2021. Saturday, July 3rd and Sunday, July 4th Saturday: We arrived at Denver Inte...